WARNING, proceed with caution! The following post may contain spoilers. Please see the review of the first Death Note movie if you haven't watched the 1st movie yet.
Alternative Titles: デスノート, Desu nôto: The last name
Genre: Mystery, Police, Supernatural
Release Date: Nov. 3, 2006 (Japan)
Starring: Fujiwara Tatsuya as Kira, Matsuyama Ken'ichi as L
Related: Death Note (1st movie) Review
The battle between L and Kira continues. L is now more suspicious that Light is Kira. In addition, Light meets a girl who also has a Death Note and is the second Kira. L learns of the second Kira and continues to investigate.
The second Death Note movie is very similar to the first. The plot remains interesting, but the acting is still mediocre. Once again, the plot remains almost identical to the anime except a few characters and scenes. Most notable, the ending was completely different from the anime and is probably the best part of the this movie.
view larger screens
- Interesting plot
- There are a few plot twists to keep story interesting
- Ending is better than how season one of the anime ended
- Matsuda is a bit less annoying
- Acting from most of the minor characters is very weak
- The girl who plays Light's sister is the worst actress I've ever seen
- CGI for the death gods are terrible when compared to Hollywood films
- Last few seconds was weird
First, watch the episodes 1 to 25 of the anime. Skip the first Death Note movie and watch the second movie so that you can see the awesome ending.