Alternative Title: マイ★ボス マイ★ヒーロー
Genre: Romance, school, comedy
Broadcast: Jul. - Sept. 2006
Starring: Nagase Tomoya as Sakaki Makio, Tegoshi Yuya as Sakurakouji Jun
Related: Nobuta wo Produce Review
Sakaki Makio is a 27 year-old that is part of a Japanese gang named Kantou Sharp Fang. His father, Skaki Kiichi is the boss of the gang. Makio is physically strong, but when it comes to academics, he is very dumb. He's a highschool drop-out and can't even write his name in Kanji. Sakaki Kiichi becomes worried about Makio's inabilities and wonders if Makio will be able to become the future boss of Kantou Sharp Fang. Kiichi forces Makio to attend highschool to earn a diploma and tells him that if he doesn't succeed, then Makio's younger brother will become the boss. To make things even more complicated, Makio must pose as a normal young 17 year-old highschool student.
- Three actors in My Boss My Hero are actually music artists who are part of a popular boy band
- Nagase Tomoya is from a group called TOKIO, Tegoshi Yuya is from NEWS, Tanaka Koki is from Kat-Tun
My Boss My Hero is my favourite school-related drama so far, beating the only other school drama that I've watched, Nobuta wo Produce. Before watching My Boss My Hero, I had the intention that gangs and schools was a strange combination of genres. However, after finishing the series, I thought that it did a perfect job mixing in gangs, romance, and humour into a school drama.
The strongest part of this drama would have to be the humour. Most people would get the wrong impession that My Boss My Hero isn't a funny drama because of the first scene. However, throughout all episodes, My Boss My Hero is filled with funny scenes and characters throughout. There's also the nice addition of some gang and romance scenes.
view larger screens
- Funny scenes and characters thorough whole series
- Nagase Tomoyo (Makio) is one of the funniest drama characters ever
- Good balance between gangs, school, and romance
- (Female viewers will LOVE this) but I think three boy band members in one drama is too much
- Ending was a cliffhanger (I want a sequel/special, anything to finish off the story!)
- Romance subplot was left a bit unfinished
Watch My Boss My Hero if you enjoy Nobuta wo Produce or school dramas in general.