Alternate titles: Gal Circle, Gyurusa
Broadcast Year: 2006
Starring: Fujiki Naohito as Shinnosuke, Toda Erika as Saki
Galcir is about a cowboy named Shinnosuke from Arizona that travels to Shibuya, Tokyo to find a girl named Imoko. When he arrives in Shibuya, he meets a group of "gals" who are part of a "para para" dancing circle called Angel Hearts. Each episode deals with the cowboy solving various issues that happen to the "gals" while he continues to search for Imoko.
- "Para para" is form of dance where everyone does the same dance moves.
- "Para para" dancing groups and "gals" aren't something made-up for Galcir, they actually exist in real life. They are usually found in a district in Tokyo called Shinuya.
- "Gals"is common term used to describe a certain group of younha females in Japan. These "gals" are characterized by their unique tastes in fashion, music, social activity, and being part of a "para-para" group (view interesting documentary on "para para" and "gals")
Galcir is the weirdest and worst Japanese drama I've never watched. It tries to be a comedy but I found no particular part in any episode that was funny. The story is also very weak. Every episode just deals with Shinnosuke helping to solve a problem that is happening among the Angel Heart members while at the same time, Shinnosuke tries to find a girl named Imoko. You don't even get to find out Shinnosuke's motive for finding Imoko until the every last episode. Once you do find out, you'll think that his motive is just plain stupid. I watched the whole series, but I only did it because I downloaded the whole thing so I had to force myself to watch it.
view larger screens
- ...but her role in Galcir is completely different
- Humour is week
- Most ridiculous ending ever
- The cowboy's motive for finding Imoko
- The Para Para dancing was crap (check out the J-Pop group, Hinoi Team for good para para dancing)
- A lot of character are just over-the-top
Unless you absolutely love "para para" and "gals" (which I doubt) then you might like Galcir, otherwise, just stay away from it.
Here's the first 10 minutes of the first ep.